Fortem DAA-R20 Radar
The Fortem DAA-R20 Radar is designed for high volume, high reliability, mission critical detect and avoid operation. The DAA-R20 design conforms to FAA and industry design and safety standards.
The DAA-R20 provides the aircraft integrator with a radar to quickly and easily detect and avoid. Simplicity of integration is a serial connection, 18-36V input voltage, and a graphical web-page configuration over ethernet. Mounting points allow flexibility to meet the needs of specific aircraft integrations. The DAA-R20 consists of a fully functional, bits-in and bits-out radar unit, communication and power cable, Quick Start Guide, and Interface Control Document (ICD).
• Built-in proprietary antenna technology.
• Azimuth field of view (FOV) is 120˚.
• Elevation FOV is 40˚.
• Simultaneous detection of multiple objects.
• Proven algorithms for high accuracy.
Intruder and Threat Information
• Detects 1m² RCS (Radar Cross Section) from 1500m.
• Detection of construction cranes, towers, gliders, balloonists, and terrain.
• Outputs are range/distance, 2˚, velocity (range rate), and size (radar cross section).
• A detection will show the object's velocity vector.
• The sensor is a compact sensor with bits in and bits out.
• Serial or Ethernet connectors for control and data are alongside a power connector.
• Serial RS-232 for outputs of object detections.
• Serial RS-232 for inputs from GPS or altitude, heading reference data.
• Ethernet web-interface for easy configuration.
• 18-36V DC.